Continental Grand Prix 4000 S II – The Best All Rounder
The Grand Prix 4000S was the reference tyre in the road market but now gets a facelift. 4000S II gets a Vectran breaker for unsurpassed puncture protection and Continentals advanced BlackChili compound for lower rolling resistance and increased grip.
- the ideal combination of comfort, puncture protection and low rolling resistance
- perfect all-rounder for all conceivable conditions
- excellent puncture protection thanks to Vectran™ puncture protection insert
- excellent grip, high mileage and efficient rolling thanks to BlackChili Compound
This is for one tyre.
Vectran™ Breaker - The Benchmark in Puncture Protection.
Vectran™ is a synthetically manufactured high-tech fibre from a natural model. Like spider silk, Vectran™ is a liquid-crystalline polymer (LCP). Vectran™ is spun from the melted liquid polymer Vectra and processed further to a multi-strand thread. Spider silk like Vectran™ has an enormous tear resistance at a very low weight: Exactly the right properties to process into a premium Continental bicycle tyre as a puncture protection insert. A Vectran™ Breaker is lighter, more flexible and protects more effectively against cuts than the comparable nylon breaker. Vectran™ Breaker does not adversely affect the rolling resistance. Black Chili - A new relationship between grip and rolling resistance
- This unique tread rubber mixture which is only produced in our German factory has revolutionised bicycle tyres.
- BlackChili Compound improves rolling resistance by 26 % and provides 30 % more grip than activated silica compounds.
- Premium tyres with BlackChili Compound also impress with higher mileage and unlike many multi-compounds, provide a constant ride from the first to the last kilometre.