FirstBIKE STREET Pink (Brake)
With brake and air tires ideal for urban areas with concrete, stone, or packed dirt surfaces.
The FirstBIKE is the perfect training bike for developing your child’s sense of balance and motor skills. This expedient cycle is the ideal companion for walks and discovery journeys, because already young children can keep up with their parents walking speed without trouble.
Quality Designed in Germany. FirstBIKE features the highest quality materials and parts. Educational benefits, style and great fun are why FirstBIKE is first choice for toddlers and parents worldwide.
Education. FirstBIKE gives children a head start. Experts agree that through the development of balance, gross motor skills and a sense of independence, children are given the confidence they need for further success, both socially and in the classroom.
Materials. FirstBIKE is both durable and safe. The high quality composite frame is designed to minimize risk and maximize comfort. Unlike wooden or metal equivalents, FirstBIKE will not swell, scratch, splinter of rust.
Growth. FirstBIKE grows with your child. The innovative lowering adapter (sold seperately) allows children to ride from as young as 22 months. The fully adjustable seat and FirstBIKE’s durability and reliability enable children to enjoy riding up to 5 years of age.
Award Winning. Winner of toy awards across Europe, FirstBIKE can be enjoyed in the home, at the park and is an ideal travelling companion on walks. For boys and girls, FirstBIKE is the essential educational toy.
Safety Stop. SAFETY STOP is the adequate and precise rear drum brake. It gives the child optimal control over the FirstBIKE and promotes the training of bike handling skills.
Lightweight! Weight with drum brake 3.9 kilograms. Length 84 cm, width 36 cm, height 56 cm, wheelbase 54 cm
NO COMPROMISE DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION. LIFETIME WARRANTY ON FRAME & FORK! 5-YEAR WARRANTY ON ALL OTHER PARTS! Highest Quality Materials Ensure a Lifetime of Enjoyment and Trouble-Free Use
- Colours available:Blue, green, red, light blue, orange, pink or violet.
- Silver 5-spoke wheels
- Child friendly “Safety Stop” drumbrake (rear-wheel only)
- Black saddle and grips
- With air tires ideal for urban areas with concrete, stone, or packed dirt surfaces.
- Seat height 35-45 cm (31-41 cm with optional seat height reduction)
- Weight: Without brake 3.5kg, with brake 3.9kg.
Search templates (CTRL+Space)
Frequently Asked Questions
1. FROM WHAT AGE CAN MY CHILD RIDE A BALANCE BIKE? Ideally, a child should start riding a balance bike at the age of two, i.e. as soon as he/she out-grows a three-wheel plastic bike. However, we take part in events (sports days, family festivals, professional trade fairs), where we see many skillful children riding on a FirstBIKE at the age of 22 months (with the optional LowKit™ lowering kit attachment).
The sooner you start helping children with exercising their balance on a bike the better. Small children learn on their own extremely quickly (from our own experience we know that it’s a matter of hours). But there are also children less excited to move around, who will not be thrilled by a balance bike at the age of two. Certainly do not force them to ride it, but show them the FirstBIKE again in two or three months. Children starting to ride balance bikes later, from the age of 4, take longer to learn and tend to have a problem with keeping their balance. This is often the case because they have developed bad habits from bicycles with training wheels mounted on the sides or from other ride-on carts, which don’t allow them to make progress.
2. WHAT IS THE MINIMUM HEIGHT REQUIREMENT FOR MY CHILD TO RIDE A FIRSTBIKE? Thanks to the seat adapter, models with inflatable tyres can be used by children from 87 cm. The Basic model with solid wheels can be used by children from 84 cm. However, this also depends on the length of the legs. When riding a balance bike the knees should be slightly bent while the feet are flat on the ground. The lowest seat position on a FirstBIKE is only 30.5 cm, which makes it one of the lowest balance bikes on the market.
3. DOES MY 2 YEAR-OLD CHILD NEED A LOWERING KIT TO LOWER THE SEAT? That depends on how tall is your child and on the length of his/her legs. For safe riding on a balance bike, it is necessary that your child reaches the ground with both feet flat, not just with the toes. Around 90% of two years old children need the lowering kit.
4. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TYRES USED ON A STREET AND CROSS MODEL? In practical terms, the only difference is the design. Both have very similar on-road performance. The Cross model is more attractive for boys, because the rough tread sounds a bit like a motorbike. Girls “look better” with a more subtle Street model. However, this is matter of taste.
5. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN INFLATABLE TYRES AND SOLID POLYURETHANE TYRES? Inflatable tyres offer much better on-road performance (the bike is springy, and therefore, much more comfortable). “Basic” models with solid polyurethane wheels are sold almost exclusively to kindergartens and playgrounds, where it’s not practical to have bikes that require re-inflating and where low maintenance is more important than a comfortable ride.
6. WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH A FLAT TYRE? The tyres are made of quality materials, but if you puncture it, the inner tube can be bought almost anywhere that sells bike tyres (it has the standard size of 12’).
7. SOMETIME AGO I PURCHASED A FIRSTBIKE WITHOUT A HANDBRAKE. IS IT POSSIBLE TO BUY A BRAKE AND MOUNT IT ON THE BIKE? Unfortunately, it is not possible for technical reasons – it would require replacing several components, including the rear wheel, and drilling into the frame.
THE FirstBIKE STORY – ONE MAN,ONE MISSION TWO WHEELS
Ralf Coerschulte, an avid German cyclist, product designer, and father, developed FirstBIKE with one goal: to build the best balance bike for younger children, allowing them to learn to ride a bike intuitively and without stress. After years of fine-tuning and testing, he succeeded in creating an unparalleled product that is deemed to be the safest on the market in terms of features supporting a child’s physical development. FirstBIKE has also proven to be a great helper when it comes to the development of a child’s self-confidence, sense of independence, and enjoyment of learning.
Search templates (CTRL+Space)