Focus Izalco Max 1.0 Electronic Frameset (2014).
Competition riders in pursuit of perfection will find it in the Izalco Max. Designed for maximum rigidity with minimal weight, the Izalco Max delivers the very pinnacle of FOCUS German Engineering.A bike that tops the FOCUS range demands our best technologies. The finest equipment, a 750g carbon frame and a 295g fork make the Izalco Max your winning combination.
With the new 750g Izalco Max carbon frame, our focus is shifting into the elite lightweight division. Considerable stiffness values make driving an experience – also thanks to the Head Tube Stiffness Boost Box and the guiding qualities of the 295g carbon fork made in a single piece (monocoque construction style). All the stops have been pulled down to the last detail – including dropouts and the front derailleur completely made of carbon.
During manufacturing both the Izalco MAX and the Team SL models use “Silicon forming” for inside the tubes instead of the common “bag technique”. The Silicon helps compact the carbon in the mould, reducing the possibility of air bubbles in the moulding process, thus creating a stronger frame – whilst also creating a smoother internal form and finish.
Focus offers a 6 year warranty on their frames and crash replacement policy.
Focus Izalco Max 1.0 Electronic Basic Frameset Package Includes Frame and Fork
XS, M AND XL ONLY. Call us on (03) 9646 3300 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
FOCUS IZALCO MAX FRAMESET FEATURES
- The Izalco Max P2T 10 Carbon T4 frame weighs just 760g - and that's with a full carbon PF30 bottom bracket shell and a tapered steerer to maximise frame stiffness and efficiency.
- To achieve this optimal strength-to-weight ratio, Focus have adopted a number of innovative carbon fabrication processes.
- SSPS - Stable Stiffness Per Size - top tube and head tube diameters increase with each frame size so a Focus Izalco Max 61cm frame is as rigid as a 48.
- 3D full carbon %%drop%%outs save weight, improve damping.
- The taller RH chainstay reinforces and stiffens the driveside to maximise your power output.
- A head tube Boost Box improves headtube stiffness by 30%.
- The genuine one-piece monocoque Izalco Max P2T 10 fork weighs just 295g.
- No one-season wonder, the Izalco Max frame has the same 6-year warranty (which even covers the paint finish) you get with EVERY Focus carbon frame.
All Focus products is born of a passion motivated by the love of the sport. Everyone involved in the creation of the Focus range is inspired by the pursuit of the finest in cycling technology.
In order to meet the performance criteria that let top-flight cyclists reach the top of their game, Focus is intent on embracing and developing cutting-edge innovation to empower our riders.
Focus' quest for perfection in their products is embodied in the phrase ‘German Engineered’. Every member of the Focus development staff strives towards the exacting standards behind this philosophy.
- Every Focus bicycle is built in their own factory in Germany.
- Focus bicycles are built to be ridden hard.
- Focus acknowledge their bikes will lead a hard life. To keep them looking great, every Focus frame is primed with an indestructible lacquer, then it is powder coated. The colour is applied to the electro-statically charged frames in the form of fine powder for a tougher, more scratch resistant finish.
- Their focus is to manufacture premium quality bicycles at great value prices.
- Focus see themselves as the German bicycling equivalent to Audi or Mercedes cars.
- UCI-approved is the cycling equivalent of Formula 1 Grand Prix class.
FOCUS BIKES TIMELINE FEATURES
The idea for FOCUS is born. Three-time cyclocross World Champion Mike Kluge founds company with desire to be in the focal point (FOCUS) of bicycle development.
Mike Kluge becomes German National Champion and runner-up World Champion on a FOCUS bike. Together with the bicycle manufacturer Derby Cycle Werke, Kluge begins developing the FOCUS model range.
Kluge rides a FOCUS Raven in the Olympic Games in Atlanta.
Jörg Arenz, brand-manager today at FOCUS, becomes German cyclocross champion on a FOCUS bike.
Arenz takes over product management, and FOCUS expands its racing line.
Hanka Kupfernagel becomes cyclocross World Champion on a FOCUS Mares Team bike.
Production of the first FOCUS carbon frames, which quickly become popular among touring pros and recreational riders.
Kupfernagel wins the World Champion title in individual time trail in the road bike World Championships.
Joint-production of the time trail bicycle with time trail specialist Andreas Walser. FOCUS offers the fastest series time trail bike in the world and expands into the triathlon segment. FOCUS athletes four titles at the German Cyclocross Championships (juniors, women, 23-and-under, and elite)
FOCUS partners with Team Milram, which rides FOCUS bikes in the world’s most important bike races.
Eighteen years after the idea for FOCUS was born, the brand has become a worldwide force in bicycling—introducing more new designs than ever before.
The Focus Izalco Pro 3 is named bike of the year by 'Tour Magazine'.
FOCUS expands its sponsorships. In addition to the only German Pro Tour Team, Team MILRAM, three other European Continental Teams – Team Van Vliet, Team Jelly Belly and Team Net App – are riding FOCUS racing bikes. FOCUS is also entering a World Cup team and supporting Team M.I.G.
FOCUS is the partner of the pro team Team Katusha and thereby represented in the World Tour.
As part of increasing internationalisation, FOCUS bikes are now available in over 60 countries.In racing, FOCUS sponsors the Italian ProContinental Team Acqua & Sapone.Jeremy Powers (Rapha FOCUS) continues the legacy of the FOCUS founder Mike Kluge and becomes US Cyclocross champion.
The Focus Izalco Team SL is ridden to Tour de France stage win by Christophe Riblon from Team AG2R-La Mondiale
German 'Tour Magazine' names the Izalco Max the 'best frame below 800g'
PMC is a specialist road store with the highest bike build standards and customer service record in the industry. Please contact any of our friendly staff if you are in need of any expert advice or answers to any queries you may have, or to take advantage of a test ride and experience the PMC advantage.
If you choose to have a custom build done by PMC, we offer an on-going free bike fitting service within the first year to accommodate possible changes in your fitness, flexibility and performance. We can also assess current riding techniques such as pedaling efficiency, correct posture etc. and offer any advice on an individual basis in order to advance your cycling comfort and performance.
We also offer a free follow up service and highly recommend this is done within the first 6 months or the 500-1000km mark. This is the most important service a bike can get, with it getting the full treatment to ensure everything has bedded in well, ensuring your ride is maintained and performing at it's optimum level. Our service goes over and above the normal adjustments required with any issue arising being rectified free of charge unless due to normal wear and tear