2014 FOCUS IZALCO TEAM 2.0 FRAMESET
The 950g frame distinguishes itself not only as a tool of the AG2R World Tour team but also as a model of the Focus‘s own design language.
The Silicon helps compact the carbon in the mould, reducing the possibility of air bubbles in the moulding process, thus creating a stronger frame – whilst also creating a smoother internal form and finish.
Focus offers a 6 year warranty on their frames and crash replacement policy.
FOCUS IZALCO TEAM SL FRAMESET FEATURES
- High Modulus Carbon Fibre with increased tensile strength (950grams approx.)
- UCI Approved Frame
- P2T Carbon T4
- 6 Year Warranty Programme
- Integrated Internally Routed Cables
- PF30 and oversized Chain stays
- Tapered Head tube
- Liquid Shape Designed Top tube,
- Elbowed Comfort Seat stays,
- Anti-Chain suck Protection
- Carbon Bearing Seats
- 3D Full Carbon drop Outs
All Focus products is born of a passion motivated by the love of the sport. Everyone involved in the creation of the Focus range is inspired by the pursuit of the finest in cycling technology.
In order to meet the performance criteria that let top-flight cyclists reach the top of their game, Focus is intent on embracing and developing cutting-edge innovation to empower our riders.
Focus' quest for perfection in their products is embodied in the phrase German Engineered. Every member of the Focus development staff strives towards the exacting standards behind this philosophy.
- Every Focus bicycle is built in their own factory in Germany.
- Focus bicycles are built to be ridden hard.
- Focus acknowledge their bikes will lead a hard life. To keep them looking great, every Focus frame is primed with an indestructible lacquer, then it is powder coated. The colour is applied to the electro-statically charged frames in the form of fine powder for a tougher, more scratch resistant finish.
- Their focus is to manufacture premium quality bicycles at great value prices.
- Focus see themselves as the German bicycling equivalent to Audi or Mercedes cars.
- UCI-approved is the cycling equivalent of Formula 1 Grand Prix class.
FOCUS BIKES TIMELINE FEATURES
The idea for FOCUS is born. Three-time cyclocross World Champion Mike Kluge founds company with desire to be in the focal point (FOCUS) of bicycle development.
Mike Kluge becomes German National Champion and runner-up World Champion on a FOCUS bike. Together with the bicycle manufacturer Derby Cycle Werke, Kluge begins developing the FOCUS model range.
Kluge rides a FOCUS Raven in the Olympic Games in Atlanta.
Jörg Arenz, brand-manager today at FOCUS, becomes German cyclocross champion on a FOCUS bike.
Arenz takes over product management, and FOCUS expands its racing line.
Hanka Kupfernagel becomes cyclocross World Champion on a FOCUS Mares Team bike.
Production of the first FOCUS carbon frames, which quickly become popular among touring pros and recreational riders.
Kupfernagel wins the World Champion title in individual time trail in the road bike World Championships.
Joint-production of the time trail bicycle with time trail specialist Andreas Walser. FOCUS offers the fastest series time trail bike in the world and expands into the triathlon segment. FOCUS athletes four titles at the German Cyclocross Championships (juniors, women, 23-and-under, and elite)
FOCUS partners with Team Milram, which rides FOCUS bikes in the world's most important bike races.
Eighteen years after the idea for FOCUS was born, the brand has become a worldwide force in bicycling introducing more new designs than ever before.
The Focus Izalco Pro 3 is named bike of the year by 'Tour Magazine'.
FOCUS expands its sponsorships. In addition to the only German Pro Tour Team, Team MILRAM, three other European Continental Teams Team Van Vliet, Team Jelly Belly and Team Net App are riding FOCUS racing bikes. FOCUS is also entering a World Cup team and supporting Team M.I.G.
FOCUS is the partner of the pro team Team Katusha and thereby represented in the World Tour.
As part of increasing internationalisation, FOCUS bikes are now available in over 60 countries. In racing, FOCUS sponsors the Italian ProContinental Team Acqua & Sapone. Jeremy Powers (Rapha FOCUS) continues the legacy of the FOCUS founder Mike Kluge and becomes US Cyclocross champion.
The Focus Izalco Team SL is ridden to Tour de France stage win by Christophe Riblon from Team AG2R-La Mondiale
German 'Tour Magazine' names the Izalco Max the 'best frame below 800g'