Our Premium SRAM compatible Oval chainrings (110/5bcd) are designed specifically for SRAM cranks that have 1 hidden chainring bolt behind the crank arm like SRAM Red, Red eTap, Red22, Force1, Force22, Rival, Rival1 and more. These are finest shift-able oval chainrings on the market.
Both, inner and outer oval chainrings are optimised with smooth shifting in mind. This is why the back of the Absolute Black Oval road chainring does not feature cutouts, like other oval products on the market.
Instead, we design smooth angled surfaces, to help chain to slide quickly and precisely between chainrings. Absolute Black outer oval chainrings have 6 up-shifting ramps, for easy and quick gear change, even under load.
Each outer chainring also features 12 down-shifting points.
Instead of steel shifting pins we use a CNC machined “ramp and recess” solution.
Special raised ramps work in conjunction with the tooth recesses to stabilise the chain when shifting.
Our oval chainrings DO NOT require any modification to the (standard) front derailleur in order to work properly.
Ovality: Optimised to each size separately. 34T- 6.5% ; 36T- 11.4%, 50/52 – 10.3% ; Timing of 108 -109.5° after TDC (top dead centre) – Ideal for road climbing. Patent Pending
Size: (Mass +/-1g): 34T (31g), 36T (36g), 50T (119g), 52T (131g)
Reuse original SRAM bolts except the hidden bolt.
AB Outer chainring comes with the hidden bolt in the package
If changing inner chainring only – reuse all original bolts.
Advantages of Absolute Black Oval chainrings:
- One of a kind special oval shape that helps you climb easier and faster (Patent Pending)
- Over 15% stiffer than Rotor Qrings due to thicker, 5mm construction
- Bespoke AbsoluteBlack 6 point ramp and recess shifting design shifts better than any other brand and model of oval chainring
- You will not “feel” the oval shape while pedalling
- Your pedalling action will feel smoother
- Helps reduce stress on knees and helping your legs remain fresher for longer
- You will be able to maintain better cadence while climbing
- Reduces possibility of leg cramps
- You will reduce chainring/cog shifts by at least 15%
ONLY for SRAM cranks that have 1 hidden chainring bolt behind the crank arm: SRAM Red, Red eTap, Red22, Force1, Force22, Rival, Rival1. Compatible with Quarq. For Apex cranks – please navigate to our standard 110/5 rings.